Allergies and sensitivities are not always obvious. They can lurk in the background for years, triggering symptoms that go beyond the usual and obvious. Because these symptoms can be non-specific, they are difficult to diagnose, leading to chronic health concerns.
We’re here to do everything we can to help identify and treat your condition. In the case of common seasonal allergies, the symptoms and causes can be quite specific—and our team has some specific natural solutions for lasting impact, including allergy shots.
Are allergies affecting your life?
Start the conversation. Contact us to schedule a consultation.
The symptoms of allergies and undiagnosed sensitivities can be wide-ranging, including:
- Chronic joint pain
- Bloating, gut and digestive issues
- Unexplained skin discoloration
- Difficulty losing weight or slow metabolic rate
- Strong cravings
- Inability to concentrate, depression, mood swings
- Congestion, sneezing, stuffy or runny nose
- Hives, rash, reddened skin
- Itchy, puffy or watery eyes; dark circles under eyes
- Nausea, stomach cramping
- Wheezing or coughing
- Feeling run down
In many cases, these symptoms are not properly diagnosed and drugs are given to counter the symptoms—rather than address the root cause. The body is made up of multiple complex systems and when a hidden allergy or sensitivity is detected in the body, the systems try to respond to counter the reaction. It is this response that, over time, creates an inflammatory process that can lead to serious health issues.
Seasonal and year-round allergies in Georgia afflict millions of people each year. Some of the most common causes are pollens, molds, foods, animal dander and other environmental allergens.
Pollens [over 32 regional plants]
- Grasses: Bahia grass, Bermuda grass*, Johnson grass, Kentucky bluegrass, Timothy grass*
- Trees: Ash, White*; Birch, Red*; Box Elder; Cedar, Red; Cottonwood, Eastern*; Cypress, Bald; Elm, American; Hackberry; Mulberry, Red; Oak, Red; Oak, Virginia Live*; Pecan Pollen*; Pine, Yellow; Privet; Sweetgum; Sycamore, American; Walnut, Black; Willow, Black
- Weeds: Cocklebur; Kocia; Lamb’s Quarters*; Marsh Elder, Rough; Mugwort; Pigweed, Rough; Plantain, English; Ragweed, Mixed*; Sorrel, Sheep
Environmental allergens: cat hair, cockroach mix, dog epithelium, D. farinae, D.
Molds: Molds and additional environmental allergens tested as needed.
Food panel: almond, peanut, milk, wheat, egg, fish mix, shellfish mix, soybean
[These foods account for 90% of the food allergies we encounter.]
*Top Ten allergen prevalence in our region
Looking for more effective allergy treatment options? Atlanta Innovative Medicine is dedicated to helping you find ways to manage or eliminate your environmental and hidden allergies without all of the negative side effects associated with pills.
Here are some of the ways we more effectively treat your allergies:
- We offer many different types of allergy panels, food sensitivity tests and other diagnostic testing that help us identify the root cause of your allergies.
- We complete a full health history and evaluation.
- We provide nutritional support based on the results of your allergy and food sensitivity tests to help keep your body healthy and feeling its best going forward.
- We provide allergy shots (allergen immunotherapy) as a form of long-term treatment that decreases symptoms for many people with allergic rhinitis, allergic asthma, conjunctivitis (eye allergy) or stinging insect allergy. Allergy immunotherapy has a 100-year-old track record as a natural path to lasting relief from allergy symptoms. Contact us to learn more about this cost-effective treatment.
Allergy relief professionals
Our team has decades of experience in the medical field and access to the latest, most effective and most direct treatments for clearing up allergies. Our objective of treating the root cause instead of your symptoms allows for longer and healthier relief.